COVID-19 Office Closed to Public
Posted on 29 Mar 2020
SEARMS has now moved into Stage 3 RESTRICT of it’s Pandemic Plan.
A reduced team is still available by phone on 1800 138 425.
While standard property inspections and non-urgent repairs work are suspended, business is running as usual.
So continue to keep up with your rent and arrears payments and call us if you have any Urgent Category 1 or 2 repairs.
Category 1- Urgent Time frame to respond = within 24 hours
Definition: Emergency work that must be undertaken immediately as it poses an immediate threat to either person or property
- Loss of power / lighting to the whole property (due to property fault as opposed to unpaid bills)
- Loss of water to the whole property
- Gas leak
- Hot water service – burst, not working at all
- Blocked drains, sinks, baths, basins, toilets (maybe Category 2**)
- Property Security eg any fault or damage that makes the property unsafe/not secure eg external locks, wall breach (other than Tenant Damage)
- Serious roof leak
- Flooding (maybe Category 2**)
Category 2 – Priority Time frame to respond = within 2-3 days
Definition: Work that is of an urgent nature that does NOT pose any life threatening risk to person or property
- Repairs to taps / dripping taps
- Re-fix loose / broken, rotted floor boards
- Leaks to waste pipes to internal fittings (maybe Category 1**)
- Flushing cisterns
- Repair internal door entry
- Fallen gutters/downpipes
- Blocked surface water drains ie stormwater
** Refer to Maintenance Co-ordinator to determine the severity of the problem and whether should be Category 1 or 2, hence the time frame to respond.